By Christian Bauer, Gavin King, Gary Gregory
Java patience with Hibernate, moment Edition explores Hibernate through constructing an program that ties jointly hundreds and hundreds of person examples. during this revised variation, authors Christian Bauer, Gavin King, and Gary Gregory hide Hibernate five intimately with the Java patience 2.1 typical (JSR 338). All examples were up-to-date for the most recent Hibernate and Java EE specification versions.
About the Technology
Purchase of the print ebook features a loose booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
Persistence—the skill of information to survive an example of a program—is imperative to trendy functions. Hibernate, the preferred Java endurance instrument, bargains automated and obvious object/relational mapping, making it a snap to paintings with SQL databases in Java applications.
About the Book
Java patience with Hibernate, moment Edition explores Hibernate by way of constructing an software that ties jointly countless numbers of person examples. you are going to instantly dig into the wealthy programming version of Hibernate, operating via mappings, queries, fetching recommendations, transactions, conversations, caching, and extra. alongside the best way you will discover a well-illustrated dialogue of top practices in database layout and optimization strategies. during this revised version, authors Christian Bauer, Gavin King, and Gary Gregory disguise Hibernate five intimately with the Java patience 2.1 general (JSR 338). All examples were up to date for the newest Hibernate and Java EE specification versions.
- Object/relational mapping concepts
- Efficient database software design
- Comprehensive Hibernate and Java endurance reference
- Integration of Java patience with EJB, CDI, JSF, and JAX-RS * unequalled breadth and depth
About the Reader
The booklet assumes a operating wisdom of Java.
About the Authors
Christian Bauer is a member of the Hibernate developer workforce and a coach and advisor. Gavin King is the founding father of the Hibernate venture and a member of the Java patience specialist workforce (JSR 220). Gary Gregory is a significant software program engineer engaged on program servers and legacy integration.
Table of Contents
- Understanding object/relational persistence
- Starting a project
- Domain versions and metadata
- Mapping chronic classes
- Mapping worth types
- Mapping inheritance
- Mapping collections and entity associations
- Advanced entity organization mappings
- Complex and legacy schemas
- Managing data
- Transactions and concurrency
- Fetch plans, innovations, and profiles
- Filtering data
- Creating and executing queries
- The question languages
- Advanced question options
- Customizing SQL
PART 1 GETTING began WITH ORM
PART 2 MAPPING STRATEGIES
PART three TRANSACTIONAL information PROCESSING
PART four WRITING QUERIES
By Korry Douglas
The moment variation of the best-selling PostgreSQL has been up to date to fully conceal new positive aspects and services of the 8.0 model of PostgreSQL. you can be lead throughout the internals of the strong PostgreSQL open resource database bankruptcy, supplying an easy-to-read, code-based procedure that makes it effortless to appreciate how every one function is applied, the best way to top use each one function, and the way to get extra functionality from database functions. This definitive advisor to development, programming and administering the strong PostgreSQL open-source database method can help you harness probably the most widespread open resource, enterprise-level database structures.
By Mike Hotek
EXAM PREP consultant Ace your training for the talents measured through MCTS examination 70-432—and at the task. paintings at your personal velocity via a chain of classes and experiences that totally disguise every one examination aim. Then, make stronger and observe what you’ve realized via real-world case situations and perform workouts. This respectable Microsoft examine consultant is designed that will help you utilize your learn time.
Maximize your functionality at the examination through studying to:
- Configure, deal with, again up, and fix databases
- Create a partitioned desk, index, or listed view
- Configure prone and elements to control your atmosphere
- Help hinder unauthorized entry at each one defense infrastructure layer
- Design and install high-availability ideas
- Manage SQL Server Agent jobs, indicators, and operators
- Identify carrier, concurrency, and task execution difficulties
perform exams verify your abilities with the perform exams on CD. you could paintings via hundreds of thousands of questions utilizing a number of checking out modes to fulfill your particular studying wishes. You get special motives for correct and improper answers—including a personalised studying direction that describes how and the place to concentration your studies.
Your equipment includes:
- 15% examination from Microsoft. supply expires 12/31/13. information inside of.
- Official self-paced research advisor.
- Practice checks with a number of, customizable checking out concepts and a studying plan in keeping with your effects.
- 250+ perform and assessment questions.
- Case eventualities, workouts, and top practices.
- Sample chapters from similar Microsoft Press® books.
- 180-day trial of SQL Server 2008 firm variation.
- Fully searchable booklet of this consultant.
A word concerning the CD or DVD
The perform attempt fabrics can be found as a obtain with your book model of the package, and may be situated on your account. Please direct any questions or matters to email@example.com
By Vikram Vaswani
Take your MySQL abilities to the head tier
Maximize each robust characteristic on hand in MySQL 5.1 with hands-on guide from a MySQL professional. This definitive consultant indicates you the way to take advantage of MySQL's complex suite of information administration instruments, optimize functionality and reliability, and safe and administer a powerful RDBMS. MySQL Database utilization & Administration contains distinct code examples in each one bankruptcy to spotlight real-world functions of the fabric lined. with a view to get the main out of MySQL, you wish this sensible instruction manual.
- Understand MySQL's positive aspects, technical structure, subsystems, and instructions
- Make database layout judgements that optimizre functionality, garage, and reliability
- Write complicated queries utilizing joins, subqueries, and perspectives
- Group SQL statements into transactions and execute them atomically
- Build and use refined kept strategies and capabilities
- Automate database operations with triggers and scheduled occasions
- Import and export information in several codecs, includiong SQL, CSV, and XML
- Optimize server and question functionality
- Administer a safe, excessive availability MySQL RDBMS
- Manage clients and keep an eye on entry
- Perform database upkeep, replication, backup, and recovery
Vikram Vaswani is the founder and CEO of Melonfire (www.melonfire.com), a consultancy company with specified services in open-source instruments and applied sciences. His prior books contain MySQL: the full Reference, Hypertext Preprocessor: A Beginner's Guide, and PHP Programming Solutions.
Utilising the bestselling 'distilled' structure, a best SQL Server guru deals a succinct but authoritative advisor to SQL Server 2005.
By Adam Machanic, Robin Dewson, Joseph Sack
* First ebook to supply complete, deeply useful assurance on all significant new SS2005 features.
• Lead writer (Tom Rizzo) is a key member of the SQL Server workforce at Microsoft and a revered writer and blogger.
• will get the DBA and developer up and working with SS2005 within the quickest attainable time.
• The proof, now not the evangelism.
By Morris Lewis
SQL Server is the dominant relational database within the home windows industry and information protection is a big and starting to be hindrance for all companies. Securing SQL Server is without doubt one of the most crucial tasks of the SQL Server professional.
SQL Server Distilled, moment Edition is a really rigorously researched, truly defined ebook on securing SQL Server, by way of an writer who is familiar with SQL Server inside and outside. in case you stick to the sensible guidance which are sincerely set out during this booklet, then you definately stand an outstanding probability of creating certain that the knowledge saved on your database is safe and that the dialog among your purposes and the database is safe (preventing SQL injection assaults, etc.). for instance, any database administrator who carried out the safety precautions exact within the booklet do not need been plagued by the notorious Slammer virus.
This moment variation bargains functional recommendation on easy methods to enforce sturdy practices that would thrust back destiny viruses sooner than they're even created, and it comprises new content material that displays all updates to SQL Server's safeguard mechanisms.
Table of Contents
- A defense Roadmap
- Authenticating Logins
- Database defense in SQL Server 6.5
- Database safeguard in SQL Server 7.0 and 2000
- Securing information at the community
- Designing defense for functions
- Securing info Transformation providers
- Replication defense
- Managing safeguard for SQL Server CE
By Michael McLaughlin
Master Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL program Development
Develop, debug, and administer powerful database courses. choked with certain examples and specialist ideas from an Oracle ACE, Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming explains how you can retrieve and method information, write PL/SQL statements, execute powerful queries, include personal home page and Java, and paintings with dynamic SQL. Code checking out, safeguard, and object-oriented programming recommendations are totally coated during this entire Oracle Press guide.
- Explore new SQL and PL/SQL positive aspects in Oracle Database 12c
- Build keep an eye on buildings, cursors, and loop statements
- Work with collections, varrays, tables, and associative array collections
- Locate and service error and hire exception handlers
- Execute black field, white field, and integration assessments
- Configure and deal with kept programs and libraries
- Handle defense with authentication and encryption
- Use LOBs to shop textual content and multimedia content material
- Write and enforce PL/SQL and Java triggers
- Extend performance utilizing dynamic SQL statements
- Understand item varieties, nested tables, and unnesting queries
SQL Server 2005 is Microsoft’s next-generation facts administration and research answer that offers more advantageous scalability, availability, and security measures to firm info and analytical functions whereas making them more straightforward to create, install, and deal with. you can now train your self tips on how to layout, construct, try out, set up, and keep SQL Server databases—one step at a time. With step-by-step, you're employed at your individual velocity via hands-on, learn-by-doing workouts. rather than in basic terms targeting describing new good points, this e-book indicates new database programmers and directors how one can use particular beneficial properties inside general enterprise eventualities. every one bankruptcy places you to paintings, offering a hugely useful studying event that demonstrates tips to construct database options to resolve universal enterprise difficulties.
By Jono Bacon
"Practical personal home page and MySQL displays Jono's dedication to the spirit of constructing open resource matters obtainable to all people. The publication rigorously walks you thru the code for 8 priceless, dynamic internet purposes. initiatives are offered in a playful manner, just like the discussion board undertaking that touts horror videos that make you 'hide in the back of the couch.'"
-From the Foreword through Christopher Negus, sequence Editor, Negus stay Linux Series
Build Dynamic websites quick, with personal home page and MySQL...
Learn from 8 Ready-to-Run Applications!
Suddenly, it’s easy to construct commercial-quality net purposes utilizing unfastened and open resource software program. With this e-book, you’ll study from 8 ready-to-run, real-world applicationsall subsidized by way of transparent diagrams and screenshots, well-documented code, and easy, useful explanations.
Leading open resource writer Jono Bacon teaches the center talents you’ll have to construct nearly any software. You’ll become aware of tips to connect to databases, add content material, practice cascading deletes, edit documents, validate registrations, specify person protection, create reusable elements, use PEAR extensions, or even construct Ajax applications.
Working from entire examples at the CD-ROM, you’ll create
- Generic dynamic internet sites
- Discussion forums
- Shopping carts
- Auction sites
- FAQ systems
- Reusable components
- Content administration systems
- News sites
JONO BACON is Ubuntu neighborhood supervisor for Canonical, Ubuntu’s sponsor. he's a longtime speaker, writer, and contributor to the open resource neighborhood. Bacon co-authored Linux computer Hacks and The reputable Ubuntu Book; has served as a columnist for Linux Format, Linux person & Developer, and computing device Plus; and is an O’Reilly Networkweblog writer. he's a lead developer onthe Jokosher (www.jokosher.org) project,and co-founder of LUGRadio—a podcastwith greater than 15,000 listeners, andan annual occasion that pulls visitorsfrom round the world.
- XAMPP for Linux: easy-to-install, preconfigured Apache distributions containing MySQL, personal home page, Perl, and more
- Source code for all 8 fully-working purposes mentioned within the book
- A remastered Ubuntu stay CD, set to run all 8 purposes live
- CPU: Pentium III, 650 MHz. RAM: 256MB (recommended 512MB).
- Hard disk: No area required to run dwell CD; 250MB of area had to placed XAMPP server and tasks on put in system.